CK ANDOVER - UNDER 16s 2011-12

CK Andover Under 16s entered the 2011/12 season with a few new signings, but with the majority of the squad having played their football at CK for six years or more we were looking forward to another successful season and weren't disappointed.

Winning eleven and drawing just one of their first twelve games CK secured the League title barely three quarters of the way through the season. Dropping points in only one of their remaining games resulted in a fifteen point winning margin and a goal difference of 49 - thirty better than their closest rivals.

Wins in three Cup ties saw CK reach the Final against Charlton Royale, but faced with a number of injuries CK failed to overcome Charlton in a tightly contested match.

A successful and very enjoyable season. Thanks to all parents for their support and above all, to the players for their commitment and team spirit.


Page: 1234

17 June 2012: CK Andover FC Presentation Evening
Thanks to players and parents who attended the Presentation Evening along with the other CK teams. Special award winners were;

Top Goalscorer: Dan Andrews (12)
Most Improved: Evan Roll
Clubman: Alex Deere
Manager's Player: Lewis Parkinson
Players' Player: Luke Bourner

19 April 2012: CK ANDOVER 2-3 Charlton Royale (Cup Final)
CK started the FInal in the worst possible fashion by conceding a very soft goal in the first five minutes when a cross Charlton cross drifted into the goal a the back post. Undeterred CK worked hard to take the ball up the slope into Charlton's half. After a couple of chances Dan Andrews ran onto a ball and bravely got his head to the ball before the outcoming keeper guiding it into the net. Although we had drawn level, Dan had sustained a head injury and had to leave the pitch immediately. He was later taken by ambulance to hospital and took no further part in the game. Moments later and still within the first twenty minutes, Lewis Parkinson aggravated an existing injury and he too would play no further part in the game. Still readjusting to the enforced substitutions, CK conceded another goal headed in from a Charlton corner. CK played out the remainder of the first half creating a few chances which were saved by Charlton's keeper, but mainly absorbing pressure from a Charlton side looking to increase their lead.

After a significantly delayed half-time due to the arrival of the ambulance, CK started the second half with renewed determination. Playing downhill CK pressed on the Charlton back line, Tom Stacey stuck in a deep cross and Alex Deere was at the back post ready to force in the equaliser and signal the start of a very entertaining thirty-five minutes of football. CK continued to press forward and put the Charlton defence under pressure for a good fifteen minute spell culminating with Alex Deere volleying from the penalty spot what appeared to be a winner until it was cleared from the line with a diving header. CK's hard work began to take it's toll as Luke Bourner and then Andre Coelho went down with cramp and had to be substituted. More shuffling of players caused CK to lose shape and allowed Charlton to get back into the game to create chances of their own in the second half forcing Tom Smith to make a spectacular save to keep things even. Evan Roll also fell victim to cramp as the game moved into the final minutes and it looked destined to go to penalties, but another Charlton corner was headed home to win the Cup and shatter CK's hopes of a double-winning season.

Although it was far from our best footballing performance of the Season it was certainly a great display of effort and team spirit which allowed us to get back into the game and put up such a fight despite losing several players to injuries. A disappointing result a the end of what has been a fantastic title-winning Season for CK Andover.

24 March 2012: CK ANDOVER 5-0 Littleton
CK played against a Littleton side who could only field the bare eleven, but CK themselves had only one substitute for their final League game of the season. CK started well and created some chances but a lack of composure in front of goal and a number of good saves meant we had to wait twenty minutes before Mike Stacey turned and shot from the edge of the box to score as it clipped the underside of the bar into the goal. Minutes later Andre Coelho ran through from midfield and took the ball all the way to the keeper before sticking it in the net for CK's second.

Littleton restarted with more determination and maintained possession for good periods in CK's half. CK settled down and their passes began to find their targets again and within ten minutes Mike broke down the left and clipped it over an advancing keeper for his second. Five minutes later and Mike was in the box to simply stick in a low cross for his hat-trick. The game played out with CK dominating but not taking advantage in front of goal. Andre scored his second with a low-struck free-kick from the edge of the box to seal the win.

17 March 2012: CK ANDOVER 6-0 Test Valley Lions (Cup Semi-Final)
CK were sent out with strict instructions to make amends for their performance the previous week, which saw them lose their first game of the season, and it didn't take long for them to make their mark. After just four minutes Alex Deere ran on to a bouncing cross and, beating the keeper to it, nodded ithe ball over the keeper and into an open net. CK went on to create many more chances and Mike Stacey's effort hit the post, but CK failed to increase their lead. Test Valley were encouraged by this, began to play better football and had most of the possession for the last ten minutes of the half.

CK started slowly in the second half, but grew into the game and as Test Valley pressed forward trying to find an equaliser, CK took advantage of the space in midfield. Lewis Parkinson kept pushing forward from defence and when he got a chance he drilled a shot in hard and low to beat the keeper at his near post. CK were able to relax a bit and play their normal game. A simple ball chipped over the defence allowed George Appleton to loop a volley from thirty yards over the stranded keeper. Three minutes later Mike Stacey made it into the box and got the ball on his left foot to score CK's fourth and effectively finish the game. Apart from a few opportunities the last twenty minutes was all CK with both Brendon Bennett and Tom Stacey coming back on to score and secure CK's place in the Cup Final.

10 March 2012: Charlton Royale 1-0 CK ANDOVER
With Charlton seeking to secure second spot in the League with their last game of the season and CK hoping to maintain their unbeaten record this was always going to be a tight and well contested match. Both teams started defensively and managed to create only a few goal-scoring chances between them. As the half progressed the battle remained in midfield and there was little in it, but CK had probably created and squandered more goal scoring opportunities.

The game continued in the same way in the second half and then after a more consistent period of pressure from Charlton they forced a corner and subsequently scored to take the lead. With only fifteen minutes remaining CK went on the attack and the Charlton defence worked hard to keep them at bay. Despite numerous chances and CK's best efforts, the closest they got was to hit the post in the dying minutes and record their first loss of the season to a deserving Charlton side.

03 March 2012: Worthys 0-4 CK ANDOVER
CK enjoyed most of the early possession and after a series of corners and near misses their pressure paid off as Evan Roll volleyed home a half-clearance from a corner to score his first goal for CK Andover. Worthys battled to get back into the game and began to take the action further into CK's half. CK's Joe Carter didn't give up on a through ball and eventually got the ball in the net but it was disallowed for an earlier challenge on the keeper. Just before the forty minute mark Owen Trapnell's long range free-kick was fumbled into the goal by the Worthy's keeper to give CK a two goal lead at half time.

The second half was fairly uneventful, but when a ball was played up to Brendon Bennett his first touch turned his defender and allowed him to shoot and score CK's third. CK created a few more chances and really should have scored more before Mike Stacey stuck one in to secure the win for CK.

View Gallery

UNDER 16s 2011-12

Russell Deere
01264 323682
07802 384092

Lewis Parkinson, Alex Deere, Owen Trapnell, Mike Stacey, Mitch Healy, Tom Stacey, Will Haighton, George Appleton, Evan Roll, Luke Bourner, Joe Carter, Brendon Bennett, Tom Smith, Andre Coelho, Dan Andrews and Rob Hoey.

Sep-Mar: Tuesday Evening 6.30-7.30 John Hanson School, Andover